Announcing another Chromebook Class
Chromebook sales grew in 2016 and have become the largest selling laptop.
Announcing another Chromebook Class for April 2017 to meet four consecutive Tuesday mornings 4/4, 4/11, 4/18 & 4/25) from 10:00am to Noon. The cost of this class is $20 and the class size is limited to 8 students. To register please email Lynne.
Chromebooks, Chromebox, Chromebit, and Chromebase computers can duplicate most every task of Windows and Mac computers at a fraction of hardware costs and almost all Chrome software is free. This class is hands-on so by all means buy or borrow a Chromebook and bring it to the Chrome Class. New prices normally range from less than $180 > $400, but I recently bought a newer refurb for $100 delivered.
In the Chromebook class, among other things we’ll learn:
- How a Chromebook works and how it is different, safer and cheaper than any Windows or Mac computer
- Why a Chromebook is the perfect solution for most TBCS members… and try to appreciate why some people do not choose Chrome
- Sandboxing and why a Chromebook does not require antivirus or malware protection
- Briefly review all of Google Docs online office applications
- Install valuable addons (or extensions) and applications from the Google Web Store (DropBox, Cog, uBlock Origin, and class-selected others)
- How to setup Google Cloud printing
- How to manage limited local storage and the huge 15Gb free Google Cloud storage
- How to make email, calendar and Microsoft Office documents work with Google Drive
- The holdup of installing Android apps on Chromebooks
- Troubleshooting your own Chromebook and when to do a Power Wash.