At the March FOSS-SIG meeting we answered a PDF question by exploring this article: 4 Methods To Create & Edit PDF Files For Free
1. The newest LibreOffice
On previous iterations of OpenOffice, the PDF import was a kludge at best. LibreOffice handles importing PDFs the same way (imports them as LibreOffice Draw documents), but the results are far better. Once imported, the PDF (using the Open dialog), you can edit text, images, and layouts by clicking and dragging (for images/layout) or double-clicking a line of text to edit. (You can edit only a single line of text at a time.) When you finish editing your PDF, don’t save— instead, export it as a PDF by clicking File | Export as PDF. LibreOffice is free and better than the trial versions of programs like Foxit PDF editor (which install unwelcome additional browser toolbars etc.)
2. Free PDF Convert
3. Convert PDF to Word Online for Free
4. PDF Escape – A free PDF Editor & PDF Form Filler ( also view this YouTube demo )
Actual Meeting Links
- The New Era of Computing
- Read about trends, technologies and best practices covered by experienced Giga Omni Media editors and writers.
- Chrome: The people’s Web browser choice | ZDNet
- For a day, Google’s Chrome was the most popular Web browser in the world. Before much longer it will be the most popular Web browser all the time.
- Libreoffice 3.5 has been released|Ubuntu fedora debian | PPA | Unixmen
- LibreOffice 3.5 has been released, in this release for the first time will be enabled the online update checker which informs users when a new version of the suite is available.
- The growth of LibreOffice over Microsoft Office | Unixmen
- Following the game-changing split and backing by The Document Foundation (TDF) LibreOffice has over 25,000 code commits and 330 contributors.
- 5 Ways To Access Websites That Won’t Load | MakeUseOf
- Have you ever clicked a link and seen an error page, or revisited a bookmarked website and found it’s closed up shop? We’ve all been there. The good news is that you can view the website anyway, whether it’s buckled under an onslaught of traffic or was taken down three years ago. Google, the Coral Content Distribution Network and Archive.org’s Wayback Machine all take snapshots of webpages, allowing you to view the cached version.
- 5 Funny Videos Starring Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer
- A lot of people really don’t like Steve Ballmer. Perhaps because he’s Mr. Microsoft, or because he was (for many years) Bill Gates’ lickspittle underling. Whatever the reason, he’s a figure of fun in a way neither Gates, or his sparring partner Steve Jobs, has ever been. And there are plenty of videos demonstrating why Steve Ballmer is ripe for being laughed at, five of which are embedded below for your pleasure.
- Microsoft extends consumer support for Windows 7, Vista | Microsoft – CNET News
- Support will now run for a total of 10 years from when the operating systems were released, meaning end dates of 2020 for Windows 7 and 2017 for Vista.
- iPad 3: Exclusive Preview on iOS 5 – YouTube
- iOS 5 and Simon Pierro make the iPad even more magical!
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi interview: Eben Upton reveals all | Linux User
- Interview with Eben Upton, the man at heart of the $25 computer project known as Raspberry Pi. We learn all about the hardware, the dev board pricing scandal and – amazingly – why Ubuntu doesn’t want anything to do with it.
- Raspberry Pi – A Credit-Card Sized ARM Computer – Yours For Only $25 | MakeUseOf
- Raspberry Pi is an ultra-affordable credit-card sized computer that will be finally making its way into the sweaty palms of excitable programmers, hobbyists and students come the end of February 2012.
- “Official” Fedora Linux Remix for Raspberry Pi arrives | ZDNet
- After delays, the Raspberry Pi Fedora Linux Remix has finally arrived.
- The Educational Market Could Fuel Early Growth for Raspberry Pi
- Read about trends, technologies and best practices covered by experienced Giga Omni Media editors and writers. Participate in daily blog discusions and post your thoughts and opinions.
- First Raspberry Pi SD Card Image Released [Debian Squeeze, LXDE ~ Ubuntu Vibes
- Is a $35 PC the Future of Computing? – Datamation
- The Rasperry PI Foundation plans to launch a full-featured machine for the price of a fancy lunch.
- PDF Edits
- 4 Methods To Create & Edit PDF Files For Free
- PDF is probably one of the most restrictive file types for everyone to use (primarily to read).
- Convert PDF to Word | Convert PDF to Doc | Convert online PDF to Word
- This site allow you to Convert Online the PDF file to Word.
- PDF Converter – Convert to PDF Online Free
- PDF Converter is a online web-based document to PDF converter software. Convert and create PDF from various types of files like Word DOC, Excel XLS, PowerPoint PPT
- PDF Escape – Free PDF Editor & Free PDF Form Filler
- Edit PDF files with PDFescape – an online, free PDF reader, free PDF editor & free PDF form filler. Fill out PDF forms quickly without Adobe Acrobat. No watermarks or registration. Completely free.