At the May FOSS-SIG meeting we discussed these topics:
- Flash Drive Workstation [Humorous Wallpaper] – How-To Geek Readers’ Choice Awards
- The votes are in, the tallies are counted, the hanging chads have been evaluated, and we have our winners. This year holds a few surprises, a couple dominant players and as much open source as you can handle.
- Ask Yourself: Should I Send This Email? [Flowchart]
- The Internet: A vast expanse of distractions, armed to the teeth and laying in wait to ambush unsuspecting employees with adorable kittens and kids falling over
- 5 Best Open Source Firewalls
- Protect one of your most valuable business assets — your computer network — with an open source firewall. We look at five of the best options out there.
- 25 things you can do with VLC Media player! | Unixmen
- VLC player is small in size, just about 17 Mb and immensely powerful! In this post we will explore the player and list 25+ things you can do with VLC player.
- 75 Open Source Apps That Could Improve Your Life – Datamation
- These open source apps can help you keep your resolutions to break bad computing habits, stick to a budget, and much more.
- Microsoft unveils Windows 8 versions
- OSNews is Exploring the Future of Computing with news on desktop, server, mobile, and specialty operating systems and new computing technology.
- Raspberry Pi works with a 30-year-old mini CRT display – Computer Chips & Hardware Technology | Geek.com
- Apr. 10, 2012 – The wait for the Raspberry Pi to be shipped has been frustrating, but then this is the first product launch the Raspberry Pi Foundation has undertaken, and
- Make Use Of Website
- Listings of cool software apps, indexed by device.
- Sidengo Offers Attractive, Easy-to-Create Personal Nameplates with Multiple Pages
- The catch to most personal and professional nameplate sites is that they offer you a single page that you can customize and tweak to describe yourself, and that’s all you get. They may integrate with your social networks, but it’s really for display purposes. Sidengo is a new service that’s a little different. Instead of giving you one page, Sidengo allows you to create a nameplate site, complete with multiple pages for contact info, social networks, and more.
Special interest groups of Tampa Bay Technology Center