No specific FOSS subject this month. Come, bring some ideas while we discuss:
- Out in the Open: The Little-Known Open Source OS That Rules the Internet of Things
- Mikogo: A Multi-platform Desktop Screen Sharing And Remote Access Software Another JAVA based remote access client.
- 4 Alternatives To PowerPoint & Keynote Compared Even though you can create really effective presentations with PowerPoint and Keynote, these apps are passé (not to mention relatively expensive), and it’s time to try something new.
- The Ultimate Netflix Guide: Everything You Wanted To Know About Netflix But Were Afraid To Ask This guide is everything you ever needed to know about using Netflix.
- Cord Cutters: Watch Live TV Online With NimbleTV Watch your favorite shows at your convenience. With NimbleTV watch what you want, whenever you want, on any device you want, anywhere you want. It does online live television legally.
- Joe Siegrist of LastPass: The Truth About Your Password Security Joe Siegrist, the CEO of LastPass, settles the score on what all of these threats really mean for your password security following recent online breaches.
- 5 Easy Tools To Listen To Online Radio Stations On Windows Music rocks! But managing playlists and local radio stations can be boring. Consider listening to the radio online with these Windows apps.
- Windows wars? The Android and Chrome OS Alliance Can Google’s Rebel Alliance of Android and Chrome OS finally dent Microsoft’s Windows Evil Empire? Expect to see a desktop operating system war start in late 2014.
- Download Videos From Youtube and Other Sites Using ClipGrab ClipGrab is a free downloader and converter for YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion and many other online video sites.
- Firefox Freedom! Four Things Chrome Doesn’t Let Users Do Think Chrome can do everything? Think again. Here are four things Firefox users can do easily that Chrome users basically can’t.
- The Complete Guide to Simplifying and Securing Your Life with LastPass and Xmarks In the cloud you have a lot of passwords to keep track of. That’s why LastPass was created.
- Browser Wars: Firefox vs. Chrome vs. Opera, A Definitive Benchmark If you could only choose one browser, which one would it be: Firefox, Chrome or Opera?
- 7 Extensions Firefox Users Love That No Other Browser Has Extensions aren’t always supported across all browsers. Check out these beloved Firefox-only extensions that are so useful that you may be swayed over from whichever other browser you currently use.
Special interest groups of Tampa Bay Technology Center