Log from the December 16th LinuxSIG:
I demoed the new Linux Mint 16 at this meeting and we worked on Carl’s and Paul’s Linux computers. Paul has an issue with UEFI we all may need to resolve to install Linux on new hardware.
In 2014 we’re going to learn one terminal command command each month.
December Linux / FOSS links we discussed:
- Hacked by the NSA New documents released by Edward Snowden indicate that the NSA has compromised over 50,000 computer networks worldwide.
- Beware of new worm targeting Linux PCs A new worm targeting personal computers running Linux may also pose a threat to embedded devices such as home routers and set-top boxes.
- malware – Should I be concerned about the Linux.Darlloz worm?
- Linux chief: ‘Open source is safer, and Linux is more secure than any other OS’
- Rescatux 0.31 beta 5 released
- Rescatux 0.31 beta 5 has been released. Rescatux 0.31b4 new options: Promote Windows user to Admin and Unlock Windows user.
- Are Cloud Operating Systems the Next Big Thing? Xen Project community weighs the benefits of cloud operating systems and previews the upcoming MirageOS.
- Linux Mint 16 `Petra` Released Linux Mint 16 [Screenshots]
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and anonymously over Internet.
- explainshell.com – match command-line arguments to their help text
- 25+ examples of Linux find command – search files from command line
- The Linux find command is a very powerful tool to search files from the command line with various search criterias. This tutorials shows simple examples.
- Zorin OS 7 Released – An ultimate Linux desktop with a Windows 7 Feel Zorin OS Linux developed specifically for Windows user who want to have smooth and easy access to Linux.