Now I have some tips and tricks to display and also go through the steps to legally include Microsoft’s true type fonts on most any Linux distribution.
I’ve been especially interested in Chromebooks as they use unadvertised Linux as an OS. Now it appears the Chromebook has competition from of all sources: Microsoft and HP (see links below).
Show this latest snappy Ubuntu video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BlcTDz9ogug
Finally we have the standard cast of January Linux Links:
- Best Linux desktop of 2014: Linux Mint 17.1 The new version of Mint may be the best Linux desktop ever. Heck, it may be the best desktop operating system ever, period.
- Your Linux PC isn’t as secure as you think it is If 2014 taught Linux users anything, it’s that they can’t afford to ignore system security completely.
- Why You Should Switch to Ubuntu MATE Edition If you prefer a Linux desktop with a streamlined workflow, Ubuntu MATE Edition is a good choice.
- Dropbox 3 for Linux Goes Stable With Qt UI, Set-Up Wizard Dropbox 3.0 is now stable for Linux, Windows and Mac.
- 2 Ways To Fix The UEFI Bootloader When Dual Booting Windows And Ubuntu If you are trying to dual boot Ubuntu and Windows 8 but you find that your computer boots straight to Windows, follow this guide to fix the bootloader.
- How to install Microsoft fonts in Linux office suites If you open a Microsoft Office document in LibreOffice or OpenOffice, you’ll need Microsoft’s fonts installed on your Linux system to see the documents as they were intended to look.
- HP Stream 11 Review: A $200 Laptop That’s Worth It Microsoft and HP’s new $200 Windows PC sounds like an “As Seen on TV” deal. WSJ’s Joanna Stern puts it up against Acer’s $200 Chromebook 11 to find out if it’s really that good a buy.
- You can get a $200 Windows Laptop, but Chromebooks are still worth buying
- Acer’s Android Smart Display Pushes Desktop Boundaries Acer’s Smart Display DA220HQL is a 21.5-inch all-in-one touchscreen released earlier this year that runs the Android operating system with a wireless keyboard and mouse and has the potential to change your desktop computing habits. Recently on sale for $179!!