November Linux SIG will be held on
Monday November 16 @ 7pm.
Remember no FOSS SIG till January (happy turkey and Christmas)
November agenda notes:
- Linux backups using Clonezilla and ReDo
- Live test Zoom at this SIG meeting. Please bring a laptop so we can help each other to connect.
- Some members of the FOSS and Linux SIGs are planning to attend Fossetcon 2015 at Disney in Orlando November 19-21, I’m planning to attend Fossetcon 2015 on Friday, November 20 to hear Richard Stallman the man behind Open Source. Lots of speakers were recently added to their website so you may want to take a look and join us for our first ever Linux/FOSS field trip. Email or call Stew at firstname.lastname@example.org or (727)753-8614. Admission is just $10.
I have lots of new Linux / FOSS Links displayed below. We won’t have time to view all but lots of interesting items are here.
- Turning a crappy old Windows PC into a full-fledged Chromebook with CloudReady | Ars Technica
- Recap: Jim Whitehurst keynote, All Things Open 2015 | Opensource.com
- Replace Your Laptop with an Android Tablet | Linux.com
- Is It Still Cheaper to Build Your Own PC?
- Turn Q4OS Into A Complete Windows XP Clone With XPQ4 « Everyday Linux User
- USB Flash Drive Guide: 5 Things to Know When Buying One
- Security Alert: You Need to Uninstall Flash Right Now
- At All Things Open (ATO) Microsoft is Embracing, Extending, Extinguishing GNU/Linux, Hopes to Do the Same to Android (Updated) | Techrights
- Ubuntu Is BORING! And I LOVE it! – Freedom Penguin
- Why I Use Android over iOS – Datamation
- Clonezilla – About
- Redo Backup Bare Metal Restore Solution GUI Backup Open Source GPL Recovery
- 8 Best Open Source “Disk Cloning/Backup” Softwares for Linux Servers
- How To Fix Error “extlinux not found” When Launching UNetbootin | Unixmen
- Resolve slow connexion when using wifi in ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander , 13.04 and LinuxMint13 | Unixmen
- How Ubuntu is different from Debian | Unixmen
- Google will merge Android and Chrome OS by 2017: report | ZDNet
- OpenDynamo Website Wizard by Zebradots
- Linux Mint History and Development | Unixmen
- Kangaroo is an amazing $99 Windows 10 portable PC | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Emil Protalinski
- U.S. retailers push banks to use PINs on credit cards as confusion reigns – Yahoo Finance
- Best Linux Video Editors – Datamation
- Microsoft is Trying Really Hard to Shoot Themselves in the Foot
- Google Chrome Blog: Chrome OS is here to stay
- How to Rescue your Windows or Linux System with Rescatux
- Amazon’s Fire OS vs. Google’s Android: What’s the Difference?
- 5 Reasons Why Windows 10 Might Make You Switch to Linux
- Why Windows XP Won’t Be Going Away Anytime Soon
- The Current State of Video Streaming Services on Linux
- Wireless HDMI: What It Is and Why You Need to Start Using It
- WordPress now powers 25% of the Web | VentureBeat | Apps | by Emil Protalinski
- System Requirements: When Is ‘Enough’ Enough? | FOSS Force