The next Linux SIG is December 21st at 7:00 pm in the TBCS Clubhouse.
I’ll demo something mentioned last month: Neverware’s Cloudready that allows you to install the Chromebook OS on older XP computers. This free download combines Neverware’s product with a Google recovery image burned to a USB memory stick that may be installed on the comptuer hard drive.
Why do this at the Linux SIG? Because we know the heart of Chromebook OS is our friendly Linux kernel.
December Chromebook, Linux & FOSS Links:
- Turning a crappy old Windows PC into a full-fledged Chromebook with CloudReady
- Why ChromeOS Tops Linux, Mac and Windows
- Dell Chromebook 13 Review: As Good as Chrome Gets
- Chromebit CS10 | Chrome Devices | ASUS USA
- Sometimes Linux Isn’t the Solution
- The Dual Boot Deception
- Is Linux Mint a terrible desktop distribution?
- 11 Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 15.10
- Puppy Linux’s Sister Quirky Has Been Bitten by Ubuntu 15.10,
- Six Clicks: The best Linux desktop environments
- Ubuntu MATE: Giving Raspbian a Run for Its Money