The TBCS Linux SIG meets May 19th at 7pm in the clubhouse. Here are some preliminary discussion links:
- How Linux is Built While Linux is running our phones, friend requests, tweets, financial trades, ATMs and more, most of us don’t know how it’s actually built. This short video shows how.
- What Is a Linux SWAP Partition, And What Does It Do? Most Linux installations recommend that you include a SWAP partition. This may seem odd to Windows users – what is this partition for?
- Pear OS 8 Still Going Strong Despite Being Officially Dead You can still download Pear OS 8 from Softpedia, but you won’t get support…
- elementary OS elementary OS is a free replacement for Windows on the PC and OS X on Mac. elementary OS is completely free, both in terms of pricing and licensing.
- elementary OS “Isis” First Details Revealed, It Looks Unbelievably Good This video shows some of the most interesting features of elementary OS
- What is RoboLinux Robolinux claims to do all…
- Running Windows XP programs on Linux Mint with CrossOver Thanks to WINE and its commercial big brother, CrossOver, you can run _some_ popular Windows programs on Linux.
- How to run XP on Linux Mint with Oracle VirtualBox For those times when you absolutely must still run Windows XP, one safer way of doing it is to run XP in a virtual machine using the Oracle VirtualBox hypervisor.
- 9 Beautiful Alternatives To The Default Linux Icon Sets Here’s how to switch icon sets.
- Troubleshooting Linux Applications Without Using the Command Line GUI tools can help troubleshoot applications when you wish to avoid the command line.
- How to get information about graphics card (GPU) on Linux Find the hardware information and specifications of the graphics card on your linux system from the command line.
- Connect to the Raspberry PI from the HP Chromebook
- Meet MinnowBoard MAX
Special interest groups of Tampa Bay Technology Center