Happy Birthday Linux
The Linux SIG meets Monday September 15th at 7:00 pm in the TBCS Clubhouse. Your SIG facilitator has been sidetracked since our last meeting with family matters so I don’t have a formal September Linux presentation. I’m counting on YOU (the TBCS Linux community) to have comments, questions or Linux success stories to share.
I’m also presenting at the TBCS General Meeting the next evening: Tuesday, September 16 at 6:45 pm. The subject is Open Source software and will feature a short TED video by Richard Stallman, the creator of the GNU/Free software movement and my favorite software list.
I managed to collect these September links we may discuss at our Monday meeting:
- PlayOnLinux reached to version 4.2.4, Install in Ubuntu/Linux Mint via PPA.
- Finally! Get Netflix to work in Ubuntu 14.04 (and Linux) the super easy way!
- You Can Now Watch Netflix On Linux Natively: Here’s How It is now possible to watch Netflix on any Linux system, so long as you run the Chrome browser starting with version 37.
- How To Enable HTML5 Playback For Netflix On Ubuntu 14.04 Or 14.10 ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog Netflix supports HTML5 playback (using the Encrypted Media Extensions) but unfortunately, it doesn’t work out of the box on Linux for now. However, following a few steps, you can get native Netflix HTML5 video playback through Google Chrome (Beta or Unstable at the time I’m writing this article) in Ubuntu 14.04 or 14.10.
- 5 Lies Linux-Haters Like To Tell Linux may have been a scary operating system before, but all of that has changed in recent years. These myths, which are more accurately called lies, are now dead.
- CryptoLocker Is Dead: Here’s How You Can Get Your Files Back! Were you hit by Cryptolocker? There’s a chance that you might be able to unlock your files with this clever trick.
- How To Troubleshoot Your Internet Connection In Linux You’ve got your shiny new Linux installation on your system for the first time, and everything seems to working perfectly. Everything, except the Internet. Follow this troubleshooting guide to pinpoint the problem.
- How Many Linux Distros Are On the Top Ten?