The Linux SIG meets Monday October 20 at 7pm in the TBCS clubhouse. I promised someone at the FOSS SIG we could help him install Linux on his laptop. If he shows with hardware we’ll run through another quick LXLE install. We can also accommodate another Linux install.
Plex Media Server
I’ll show what I’ve been doing with Plex. Plex is a media server that connects with ROKU and LAN computers out of the box. It also connects with iPhone, Android or XBox with plugins, even away from your home LAN. Plex server installs on Linux, Windows or Mac hardware. Plex is not open source but free of cost (some plugins cost $5).
I’m hoping others try Plex so we can all learn more from each other before the holidays.
October Linux Links:
- Is Smarter Technology Dumbing Down the Human Race? You just add phone numbers to your phone. You use your GPS for directions. Are humans becoming stupid?
- ChromeOS vs Linux: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly In the battle between ChromeOS and Linux, both desktop environments have strengths and weaknesses.
- Should Windows 9/10 steal more features from Linux? Can features found in Linux make Windows better? Multiple desktops in Linux are still better than in Windows.
- Migrating From Windows 7 To Ubuntu: The Ultimate Guide Despite what all the Linux haters say, choosing Ubuntu is logical and migrating from Windows 7 & to Ubuntu is a breeze. This article summarizes the process and provides solutions to the most common beginner hiccups
- .Worse Than Heartbleed? Meet ShellShock: A New Security Threat For OS X and Linux A serious security issue with the Bash shell – a major component most UNIX-like operating systems has been discovered, with significant implications.
- Switching To Linux? Here’s How To Choose The Right Distro Your first Linux distribution can sweeten or sour your future Linux experience. That’s why it’s important to the first distro choice is correct.
- 2 Free CAD Programs for Linux: DraftSight and QCAD
- Web Software vs. Native Linux Software Both Web-based and Linux software offer significant costs savings. Is one actually better in the long term?
- Should I Use Linux Or Windows? 3 Deal-Breaker Questions You MUST Answer Linux. Windows. This article may help you decide which one is better for you.
- How the open-source community should respond to Adobe pulling Linux support Jack Wallen addresses Adobe’s last step to remove support for the Linux platform.
- Linux Distros… One person’s view of the best distro for 2014.
- Custom Single Board Computer, Custom low cost SBC, Embedded Single Board Computers Customized single board computers (SBC) offered by Toradex is a combination of ARM based Computer on Module (COM)/ System on Module (SOM) and a Carrier Board.
- Five Great Raspberry Pi Expansions That Make It Even More Useful Your Raspberry Pi is versatile and at times amazing, but are you harnessing the full power of that little box? Power-up your Pi with these 5 expansions!
- 3.8 Million Raspberry Pi Linux Computers Sold – Oh My! From the ‘Little Computer that Could’