This month we’ll take a look at the newly released Knoppix 7.7.1 It is super! Wait till you see the default Compiz configuration. You might use this as a rescue disc or install it on your computer.
We’ll get updated info from our guest Jerry as he completed installing Linux on his new Acer Laptop w/ UEFI and SecureBoot. Remember, someday soon we’ll all need to face the SecureBoot issue.
At the next Ubuntu release cycle there will be a new supported edition based on Budgie Remix. I loaded this on my laptop and so far, I like it. We’ll use this for viewing the links (see below).
Remember no Chromebook or FOSS SIGs till January.
November Linux Links:
- What is BleachBit? Little-known tool at center of Clinton email controversy
- The Dirty Cow Linux bug: A silly name for a serious problem
- How Bad Is Dirty COW?7
- Mistakes New Linux Users MakeBuying Your First Dedicated Linux
- PCSystem76 brings Ubuntu to $699 laptop with Kaby Lake chips
- The Best Linux Distributions
- Ubuntu Vs. Linux Mint – Which Is Better in 2016?
- elementary OS 0.4: Review and interview with the founder
- WattOS: A Rock-Solid, Lightning-Fast, Lightweight Linux Distro For All
- Ubuntu Budgie – Simplicity & Elegance
- Applications Missing From Ubuntu
- 5 reasons to opt for a Linux rolling distro vs. a standard release
- GParted — Download
- 2 Linux clients for Microsoft’s OneDrive, they work, but…
- Configuring WINE with Winetricks
- How to Check Bad Sectors or Bad Blocks on Linux Hard Disk
- How Google, Apple and Microsoft just saved the PC
- How to replace GRUB with BURG Boot Loader on Ubuntu 16.04
- How to share files locally on Linux by using NitroShare
- How To Install Linux Mint From USB?
- 5 Best Linux PDF Editors