Chromebook sales have mushroomed in 2015.
We’re beginning a Chromebook Class in January 2016 to meet four consecutive Thursday mornings (1/21, 1/28, 2/4 & 2/11) from 10:00am to Noon. The cost of this class is $20 and classsize is limited to 8 students. To register please email Lynne.
Chromebooks, Chromebox, Chromebit, and Chromebase computers duplicate most all tasks of Windows and Mac computers at a fraction of hardware and software costs. Almost all Chrome software is free. This class will be hands-on so by all means try to buy or borrow a Chromebook (prices range from less than $150 – $400, see below) to bring to class with you.
Groupon Hisense Refurbished Chromebook for $99
- how a Chromebook works and how it is different, safer and cheaper than Windows or Mac computers
- why a Chromebook is the perfect solution for most TBCS members… and also appreciate why some people do not choose to change
- sandboxing and why Chromebooks do not require antivirus or malware protection software
- install valuable addons (or extensions) to your Chrome browser
- how to manage limited local storage and the huge 15Gb free Google Cloud storage
- how to make email, calendar and office documents work with Google Drive
- how to add additional applications from the Google Web Store (DropBox, Cog, VLC, and class-selected others)
- touch on Chromixium and NeverWare’s Cloud Ready you can add to legacy standard PC’s
- what’s in the system tray?
- what to do if something goes wrong?
- Chrome clones
- how it’s possible to run real programs on a Chromebook with Linux using Crouton