101 Bookmarks Menu
- Munich to hand out Ubuntu Linux CDs to ward off upcoming Windows XPocalypse | PCWorld
- The open source operating system offers safe haven from the impending hacker free-for-all.
- French National Police Switch 37,000 Desktop PCs to Linux | Wired Enterprise | Wired.com
- France's national law enforcement agency, the Gendarmerie, is now running 37,000 desktop PCs with a custom version of the Linux operating system, and by summer of next year, the agency plans to move all 72,000 of its desktop machines to the open source OS.
- How Apple Killed the Linux Desktop and Why That Doesn't Matter | Wired Enterprise | Wired.com
- It's hard to say exactly what percentage of desktop and laptop computers run Apple OSX, but it's clear that the operating system has made slow but steady gains at chipping away at Microsoft's lead. Some figures put the number at about 6-7% of the desktop market. Linux may have seen a surge last year, but it still hasn't seen the sort of growth OSX has, nor the growth that Linux supporters have long hoped for
- Fujitsu won't cede the Unix market to IBM - Network World
- Smaller vendors would seem to be at a competitive disadvantage in the $9 billion Unix server market, which is in seemingly permanent decline. But one of those smaller vendors, Fujitsu, vows to stay in the market for the long haul.
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' | Unixmen
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander'
- Ubuntu 13.10 ‘Saucy Salamander’ Final has been released! | Installation Instructions With Screenshots | Unixmen
- Finally, the most expected distribution in Linux World, Ubuntu 13.10 ‘Saucy Salamander’ final has been released
- TypeCatcher: An Easy Way To Download And Install Google Web Fonts | Unixmen
- TypeCatcher is an Open Source application. It allows you to easily download and install Google webfonts for off-line use.
- Install Fonts in Ubuntu | Unixmen
- Install Fonts Ubuntu
- How to visualize disk usage on Linux - Linux FAQ